Introduction to Conveyor Trajectory Designer
The Trajectory Designer is an Inventor app developed following our Engineered 3D approach, allowing conveyor engineers/designers to create 3D conveyor trajectory models to meet their process requirements.
Performing conveyor trajectory calculations and producing drawings are critical tasks in conveyor design, since they have great impact on the performance (property degradation, dust generation, etc.) of conveyor transfer systems, where bulk materials flow from one conveyor to another.
It used to take both engineers and designers to get the job done, and required multiple skill sets, such as engineering calculation, 2D drafting, 3D modelling, and data communication among different stages.
Our Conveyor Trajectory Designer will make all this super easy for you:
- Fill in your engineering input data, with a few mouseclick, an accurate 3D model will be ready for you;
- Even more, how did you make changes in your design before? Now, this has changed. No more recalculation by the engineer, no need to pass result of dimensions to draftsperson for modeling. Just change your user data through the UI, the app will do the rest for you!
|1. Introduction||2. Sample Runs|
|Download the Video||Download the Video|
- 3D model output, from which 2D views and result data can be easily generated.
- Transition area belt lift for both full trough and half trough being included. Too complicated to include? Too simple here. Few of existing methods take this into consideration simply to avoid the complexity.
- Covers inclined, declined and flat belts.
- Pulley lagging, belt thickness being considered for belt speed calculation.
- Identifies belt speed categories as Fast, Mid, and Slow according to Gamma Angle value (refer to CEMA6 for definition of Gamma angle).
- High accuracy with all above factors being considered.
- Multiple design criteria being adopted to meet various user requirements.
- Coloring in UI and 3D solids to identify the condition of your design easily.
- Speed conditions of trajectory can be differentiated with coloring of solid.
- User input and output: blue for input, black for output.
- High efficiency and ease of use, especially when design changes are required.
- Edge Distance at conveyor trough of any load capacity; CEMA 100% is shown for reference.
- Width and Depth of discharge trajectory, can be verified against CEMA table for 100% load capacity.
- Phi angle – actual belt approaching angle, instead of belt incline slope angle.
- Gamma angle – at which discharge of slow speed conveyor trajectory will start.
- Critical speeds, high and low.
- Flow cross sectional area of any load capacity, can be verified against CEMA table for 100% load capacity.
- Proper belt width and trough angle combination to meet requirements of target belt speed and conveyor load capacity.
UI Text Coloring
- Blue for input data
- Black for output data
- Gray for read only data depending on chosen design criteria
- Error message in Red
3D Model Solid Coloring
- Red for fast belt case
- Orange for mid-speed belt case
- Blue for slow belt case
Thus user will be able to make some preliminary judgement visually.
Where to Get?
Conveyor Trajectory Designer is available on Autodesk Exchange Apps Store.