The Engineered3D Product Catalog is an Inventor app developed following our Engineered 3D approach, allowing sales, engineers or designers to do their job much more efficiently and effectively. It is an All-in-One tool with product engineering, calculation, selection, sizing and modelling all included.
Engineered3D Product Catalog for Inventor - Planetary Gear Reducer
This is to showcase a typical sample of our catalog product - Engineered3D Catalog (named App hereinafter) used with Autodesk Inventor. As a demo, this app ships with an Inventor 3D model of a planetary gear reducer assembly prototype and Windows program that provides the UI for salesperson, designers / engineers to enter end user’s requirement data, be it geometric, or any type of other related engineering parameters.
The app is developed to:
- help vendors’ sales team to show product data (both datasheet, 3D model & 2D drawing) efficiently with minimal while necessary info. I.e., once customer data (eg.: HP, rpm, etc) is collected, the salesperson can easily provide sizing info and related models quickly;
- help engineering team on vendors’ team to size products and produce models easily;
- help engineering team from the customer side to conduct engineering and modeling easily.
Similar to traditional paper based catalog, and the recent e-catalog on the Internet or mobile platforms, our Engineered3D Catalog provide simple user interface for its users to view product data of all models/sizes in the catalog; however, it differs from those two in that:
- It has integrated with necessary engineering calculation for sizing the products per the user's engineering input; If you know what type of product you need, this Engineered3D Catalog will size the product, and produce its 3D model for you.
- In case there are more than one size / model satisfies the user input, the App will generate a list of all acceptable sizes of model, and show a preferred one on the UI; also, the user can choose from the list, for reasons like standardization, etc.
- It will generate the corresponding Inventor 3D model for the size of product, either selected automatically by the program, or by the user according to his/her preference.
- It also notifies the user if the input is invalid; and provide reasons of invalidity to help the user with what change to make.
- The models generated are of low level of details while sufficient to meet layout requirements of engineering firms. This lightweight feature is pretty beneficial for those who need to develop large scale systems.
- The output of Engineered3D catalog can include MTO (material take-off) and other data/info for various documentation needs.
Since engineering has been integrated into 3D model, thus the whole process from marketing, engineering to modelling are significantly shortened.